Turn Your CDs into MP3s
Source From: CNET
You can use several free audio jukeboxes to rip CDs into MP3s, but two of the most popular ones are Windows Media Player (WMP) and Apple iTunes.
1. Right-click along the top of the window.
2. Select Tools.
3. Then Options.
4. Click the Rip Music tab.
5. Choose MP3 as the format.
For iTunes (on a Mac):
1. Under the drop-down menu labeled iTunes, selct Preferences.
2. Then selct the icon for Importing.
3. In the drop-down menu for Import Using, select the MP3
4. Encoder, then click OK.
Both programs work equally well and allow you to select a bit rate of up to 320Kbps. If you want to take up less space on your hard drive, opt for a lower bit rate; use a higher bit rate if sound quality is more important to you.
Back to Tips and Tricks Page